Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tight-knit

I've been working on knitting a baby blanket for some friends who are expecting. Now, I have to say that I've been knitting for about "7" years or so, but I put the 7 in quotes because I've only really made scarves. And usually I start a scarf and never finish it. I'm pretty sure I have only ever completed one scarf and that was probably over 4 years ago. Anyways, I thought I would tackle the art of knitting again and maybe stick with it more this time since I am older and, hopefully, more up for sitting around for extended periods.



I'm only about 5% done....and this is the second time I've gotten to 5%. The first time I realized I dropped a stitch somewhere, but couldn't figure out where. So I completely ripped every stitch out and started over.

I want this to be a special gift to the new parents. Not just because this is their first child, but because when I moved to California about a year ago I knew absolutely no one. Not one person within about 1000 miles! They were the first people to show any interest in being my friends. They welcomed me onto their softball team and into their tight-knit group of friends. I can't thank them enough for making my move here that much easier.

Let's hope this blanket turns out to be as tightly-knit as their group of friends!

Did I mention that their Baby Shower is on March 25th? That means I only have about 24 more days to complete this project. Hopefully I don't make any more mistakes

Pictures to come soon!

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment